Extras

Monday, April 23, 2012

Neighbors. . .

I just have to say. . .we have no cool neighbors.

Above us is some weird couple that has some strange hours. She, I think, works in an office. He goes to school. They both arrive home within 1/2 hour of each other. Then, they come back down stairs wearing different clothes and go away for the evening. Mostly Sundays. And by come back down stairs, I mean you can hear them down the street. . .that's how LOUD they are!! The woman has NO idea how to wear heels, wedges, or even flip flops when climbing up/down stairs. And he ALWAYS wears a hat and sunglasses. We have passed by her a few times and we smile and say hello. . .but she just looks at us like "how dare you say hello to me? Do you KNOW who I am?!"

Next to us, is a couple(?) [question mark because I'm not sure if they are a couple or not...]. They have an 8 year old and an 18 month old. They  just moved in about a month and a half ago. When they were moving stuff in, I asked if they needed help and the woman said "oh, no thank you, we are finished. Thank you!" and I asked if they were moving into 185. She said her niece and 8 year old and 18 month old daughters were. I have yet to meet them. Anyway...every night, about 9, sometimes 9:30, we start smelling cigarette smoke. It's DISGUSTING. We can smell it because our window is open. But last night, we closed it and could still smell it - not as strongly, however. I just am curious why start at 9 pm (and they go all night, till at least 12 am)? Derrik suggested that it's because they are secret smokers and don't want their kids to know...or be around it. But...I don't know...the house must REEK of smoke. It just sort of bothers me that we can't do anything about it...but I wish they would have the decency to go away from all the apartments...?

On the other side is this couple that only speaks Chinese or Korean or Japanese. He is an international business man (I think) because a few nights, I've woken up to yelling...in a different language. It's him, on the phone. He also always wears a suit and tie. I mean, come on. He could be a church goer...but really? What church goer (of any church) yells at 1 o'clock in the morning?? Everytime we have ever seen them go anywhere together, the wife is always behind him. Most of the time, I just see her going somewhere. Speaking of...I haven't seen or heard him in awhile...
Also, they have a little dog. UMMMMM dogs aren't allowed!! Otherwise, we would have totally gotten one!! We have heard it bark SEVERAL times, plus when the window was open one day and we walked by, we saw a huge like canvas picture of him. Then just the other day, I went to get my laundry and what do you know, the dog ran out to the grassy area and she just...walked after him and picked him and was talking to him all sweetly. (Do dogs understand other languages? ;) )

Anyway. I am blessed to live in my own home with my cute sweet husband. I just have some interesting neighbors. I'll write stories about them. :)

No comments: