Extras

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Holidays, birthdays...

December 2 is Derrik's birthday. I was too excited for some of the gifts I got him...so a few weeks ago, I gave them to him. A watch (he loves them) with the SLC temple on it, a tie with matching cuff links, and a black vest to go under his suit. He loved all of it. And the 2nd season of his favorite show, NCIS. Ha, I know, I'm so silly to give the gifts to him, but I couldn't wait! Don't worry, I have more stuff for his bday, plus I'm taking him out to dinner - the restaurant of his choice. :)

And then we have Christmas. I know Derrik, but he is SO hard to shop for! He loves ties, watches, fish, and a couple TV shows. . . but usually when I point out a tie I like, he isn't crazy about it and same for watches. Sooo. . . I'll stay away from that category for a while haha. And TV shows? That can get boring lol. So I'm still looking for stuff to get him.

We are excited for our first holiday season as a married couple. We are working out how everything will work out for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Haha. Hit up both families and eat A LOT of food. That's the way we like it. :)

I hate that Thanksgiving is just SKIPPED right over. KOST 103.5 has already started playing Christmas music. LAME. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!! I like the month of being grateful for things. I think the world has turned Christmas into a commericalized holiday. . .IDK. In my future family, we are not skipping Thanksgiving. Luckily, I can pull that off, cause it's Derrik's favorite holiday, too. :)

No comments: