Extras

Saturday, September 3, 2011

School

We have started our first week of school. It wasn't too bad. We've both got a little bit of a heavy load, but it'll be a good semester. We do have two classes together - Political Science and Rock Music History. They both seem like they will be good classes. I'm a little bit excited. Talk to me in 2 months. ;)

Our home FINALLY has pictures up! :) About time, right? What took so long, you ask? Derrik wanted to get the right size nails. But we put them up this morning and it definitely makes a difference. Our home looks complete. Our lives are so fun! :)

Dinner was delicious tonight. We had Southwestern Chicken & Black bean skillet. Way good! Here is the recipe if you want to try it. Super easy, too. I might making cookies later for my sweet, hardworking husband. He loves when I surprise him like that!

Fridays are long days for the both of us - Derrik gets up at 5 and goes to work with his dad till 3:30, then they get home about 4:30, 4:45 pm. Derrik usually gets back to our place about 5:05. . .but now he is working at 5 at Domino's. A couple advantages and a couple disadvantages.
Advantages: Derrik gets off earlier, so he is home earlier than usual. Because he gets home early, he gets a decent amount of sleep.
Disadvantages: We don't get to see each other till 10 pm that night. Derrik won't have time to eat a good, homecooked meal.

Yeah, I know, 10 pm isn't bad. . . but the day seems to drag on. Yesterday was the first Friday like that. Of many. It wasn't so bad, but I think that's because I was busy ALL day. I got up about 8:30 and cleaned - did some laundry, put our bedskirt on our CAL-KING bed ALL BY MYSELF (I feel proud ;) ), put away clean dishes, washed dirty ones, dusted, vaccumed, folded/put away towels, wiped down the countertops, picked up the bedroom, straightned out the living room and our "sweets" corner on the counter. It was a lot! Then I called my mom to tell her I was done (about 11:45) and about 1, her and my g'ma came and picked me up. I worked on homework until then. We went shopping and out to lunch. I had a lot of fun.

We went to Michael's and boy, do I get an artsy mind there! I wanted to buy all the wooden stuff to paint it! LOL. I did buy a large capital "P" and two small daisies to paint and hang on our patio gate. I'm going to paint the "P" yellow and the flowers blue. The flowers are going to go on the "P". I'm pretty excited. Derrik just giggled at me when I told him. He thinks I'm cute. :)

I love my sweet husband. He's so good to me. :)

No comments: