Extras

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sick :(

Well, Wednesday I woke up with a scratchy throat and by Thursday it had moved to my nose. Then this morning, I'm coughing. I HATE being sick. And I really hate it when my hubby is at work :( He just makes everything better. He took very good care of me today. :) I love him for it!

School is going. . .fine, I guess. I'm tired of going to school. I wish I was done already. I just am no good at it like other people are. I'd much rather be home and be a wife or work and come home and be a wife. I was never very good at school, like Derrik is. He's super smart!!

We have eaten good healthy meals and Derrik wrote about it for his nutrition class. I felt all good and proud :) Homecooked meals are always better than fast food or restaurant meals. The Food Nanny has definitely helped us!

I love keeping our little apartment clean and tidy and making dinners and baking and having friends over. It's really my favorite thing to do, hehe :)

I know I always talk about how sweet and good my Derrik is, but I just can't explain what a wonderful husband he is. And sometimes, I may not understand his logic about things (he doesn't understand mine either sometimes) but that's why we talk things out. We don't like that people say "marriage is fun, but it's hard; it takes work". We have talked about this and we strongly disagree. Marriage is definitely fun, but it's not hard. The hard part is all the times we have to be away from each other. We don't fight or argue when we disagree about something, we talk it out - see the other's viewpoint. We ask "can you help me understand your logic on this?" and we come to an agreement. I LOVE that about us. We have so much fun when we are together or apart. Derrik loves coming home to a wife; I love him coming home to me. It just makes life easier when you have that person, your best friend, by your side all the time. I love Derrik so much. I really, really am so grateful he was in tune with the spirit and he listened. . .where would I be without him? (Cliche, I know, but it's the truth!) I don't like to think about it, honestly. I thank my Father in Heaven every single day for him. He's my greatest blessing.

No comments: