Extras

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shopping Trips

Boy, we sure like shopping trips around here.  In the past month, we've both gotten a 2 new pairs of shoes, a couple shirts and I got a pair of new jeans. All for a good price of course :) Last night, before Derrik went to work, he dropped me off at Target to shop. I just wanted to be doing something cause sometimes sitting at home by myself from 6 to 1 am gets a little old. Sure, I go to sleep, but still. Anyway, he went to work and I just walked the ENTIRE store. The only place I didn't go to was men's clothing. Wow! LOL. Oh, and automotive department. I LOVED every minute of it. I thought I wouldn't get anything at all...well one hour and $90 later, I'm walking home. Here is a list of things I got:
1. a big bottle of Softsoap for our bathroom
2. box of 100 q-tips
3. bag of cottonballs
4. small bottle of nail polish remover
5. purple nail polish
6. necklace
7. feminine product
8. box of pencils for ward choir
9. Michael Buble's new Christmas album
and 3 presents for Derrik. For christmas. I had no idea it was going to add up to 90 bucks! Oh well. I enjoyed myself a lot. I wish I could do that all the time. I could walk around and shop, just not buy anything. That makes me happy. Something besides sitting at home by myself.
I read and clean and do homework, but it's always nicer having Derrik home with me. But all this "alone time" will pay off in about 5 years, when he is all done with school. Right now, Derrik and I are reading the same series. He's listening to the audiobook and I'm reading the book. The Mortal Instruments series. It's great! We started on Wednesday night and are at the same place in the book. Of course, I get more reading time than he does because I can just sit and read all night or afternoon or mornings when he's at work. Which gives me the advantage. But we are seeing who finishes first. There are two more books in the series, so we'll do that for those, too.

My favorite thing to shop for is stuff for my home or Derrik. I always see something and think "oh, that'd be super cute on the wall!" or "Derrik would LOVE that!" but then never get it. Mostly with the home decor, we live in a small apartment and don't have a lot of room, so I'm watching myself on that :) Derrik would love anything I got for him. He'd tell me to not spend my money on him though haha.

Life is good. We are good. I am excited for the holidays to be here! Halloween can be over (Monday, thank goodness!) and Thanksgiving and Christmas can arrive :) Our first holiday season together! Yay us! PS Next Saturday is our 3 month mark! :)

No comments: