Extras

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter

Feels like forever since I did a real post!

We had a really nice Christmas - we split up the day between both families. It was good to spend the day with my family, especially since Rebecca and Charlye were in town. I wish they lived here, so we could hang out all the time! New Year's was fun, also. We went out for two days and one night to Soggy Dry Lake (low desert) to ride quads and in the dune buggy. It was my first time since I was young doing that. SUPER COLD, though!! I was so ready to go home the next day haha. I prefer the water trips that the Peterson's do. I cannot wait to go back to Shasta!! :)

Derrik is doing winter intersession, 2 classes. He's been really good about keeping up on his homework and getting it done. I'm really proud of him :) I will do my last semester this next Spring, which begins at the end of February. I am taking a computer security class, a philosophy (critical thinking) class, a basic photography class,  and a nutrition class. I am excited. They are all classes that I actually want to take. I figured, why not fill up my time with classes if I'm not working? I would LOVE to get a job, however. I'm only doing school one day a week, Tuesdays.

I am clear to get my license!! SO excited!! I have to drop some papers off from the DMV at my doctor's for him to fill in, but then I am good to go!! So, I'm thinking by the end of January. Which works out really well because I'm starting to get out more. I'm hanging out with my cousin in law, Breanne and her cute baby a lot, so I want to be able to just go when she texts me haha. Not only that, but be able to go to the store if I want or my family's or something. I'm excited!!

I love the cold!! It's not all rainy and snowy like everyone else's is haha :) Low 50's, sunny, cloudy, beautiful!! Although I am jealous of the people who get to be in the snow. I'd love to play in it!! I just hate the rain haha :) I'll never live in snow, though. Neither would Derrik. Southern California people we are! Haha :)

Not much else has happened. Oh, date night tonight!! Derrik's choice of what we do. Pretty excited! :) haha.

No comments: